Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Burgundy Loving...

I've mentioned on many blog posts that I have been on the look out for the perfect deep red/burgundy lipstick ever since my beloved Elizabeth Arden beauty was discontinued. Several people recommended MAC, but as it is pretty hard for me to get hold off in Southampton other than online which for make up you just cannot trust, I continued my search on the high street. And I think I actually might have found one. 







Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in #005 Crush 

I have literally fallen in love with this product, I'm such a lipstick whore anyway - my make up bag is 99% lippies, but nothing is quite like this. The pencil allows for precise application around the lining of your lips and then just turn slightly on the side to fill in completely. The stain is also buildable, so can be as light of dark as you wish. 


The stain has a lovely gloss to it and is extremely moisturising, my lips don't feel as if they are going to dry out or the lipstick is going to clump in the corners which i hate hate hate! I build mine up as much as I can as I love the richness and depth of this colour, though it does not feel clumped on the lips, in fact it barely feels like I'm wearing any. This has definitely become a must have in my beauty bag now, I'm just gutted I didn't find it sooner!

So here are some before, during, and after images of my testings. Enjoy...


Before - Pale as anything



Using the tip of the pencil to outline



Filling in with the side, light option



Built up to the lovely deep burgundy that I've been looking for!

Girls if like me you are a lipstick lover and looking for an easy option with great results then this is definitely for you! I picked mine up in Boots for £7.99, but this bad boy is available in all good make up stockists on the high street in a range of colours, you should definitely give it a go. It will revolutionise your morning routine!


No comments:

Post a Comment